Sony Announces the a9 Flagship Mirrorless Camera
Sony a9 – Flagship Mirrorless Camera
Sony Revolutionizes the Professional Imaging Market
April, 19th, 2017
Sony just dropped the mic in a big way today announcing their a9, which fits squarely in megapixels between the a7rii and the a7sii. Listening to their customer base they’ve made some welcomed additions to the a9….
* World’s first full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2 MP resolution
* Blackout-Free Continuous Shooting at up to 20fps for up to 241 RAW / 362 JPEG images
* Maximum shutter speed is 1/32,000sec
* 693 phase-detect AF points cover near 93 percent of the frame, 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
* Full-frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor
* Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder with approximately 3,686k dot
* Camera’s battery provides 2.2x the capacity of previous Sony full-frame cameras. All-new Sony battery (model NP-FZ100) with 2.2x the capacity of previous Sony full-frame models
* Full pixel readout with no pixel binning
* Including Ethernet port for file transfer, Dual SD card slots and extended battery life
* 5-axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step[ix]shutter speed advantage
* ISO range of 100 – 51200, expandable to 50 – 204800
For me, this will be my go to camera for luxury real estate photography as its the perfect amount of megapixels for my needs.
Priced at $4,499: its a flagship camera.
Marc Weisberg is an award-winning photographer based in Irvine, California. Marc specializes in Luxury Architecture & Real Estate Photography, Food + Wine Photography, and Portraiture. He’s easy to work with and produces clean, crisp, and engaging images. Marc’s photography is published internationally in over a dozen books and magazines. You can contact Marc by phone at 949.494.5084…. or email.